This Personal Data and Privacy Notice is issued pursuant to the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) (“Privacy Notice”), and informs you about our policy and practices on data privacy matters which you may be concerned with, before you provide your personal data to us.
In this Privacy Notice, we will tell you:
- the source of your personal data
- what personal data is collected
- the purposes for which we use your personal data
- with whom your personal data may be disclosed to
- your rights over your personal data
- how secure is your personal data
- how long do we keep your personal data
- how to contact us in relation to your queries on your personal data
1. The source of your personal data
We generally collect personal data directly from you. For instance, when you submit an application to rent and/or subscribe to our products and/or services, you will be required to fill up an application form with your personal data. In the event if you intend to provide services or supply goods to us, we may also provide forms where your personal data or that of your directors and/or shareholders will be collected. We may verify or source personal information about you and/or your company from third party sources such as credit bureaus or agencies which provide credit or other information, Companies Commission of Malaysia, National Registration Department, Director General of Insolvency, Registrar of Business, et cetera.
2. What personal data is collected
Basic personal data such as your name, identity card or passport number, nationality, residential and business addresses and contact numbers will be collected. Specific personal data may be required and collected from you or third party sources for certain dealings, transactions or activities and for risk/fraud management.
Where indicated, it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our products or services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal data, we will not be able to proceed further with your matter.
3. The purposes for which we use your personal data
Personal data you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:-
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable us to provide a product or service in relation to that you have engaged us for;
- to notify you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our services;
- to perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, system development, credit scoring, staff training, market or customer survey, service improvement and product development);
- to handle enquiries, audit, complaints or legal proceedings;
- to prevent or investigate any fraud or crime or a suspected fraud or crime;
- as may be required by the relevant laws and regulations;
- all other purposes necessary and/or incidental to our business and all purposes necessary for or related to any of the above purposes.
4. With whom your personal data may be disclosed to
Personal data provided to us will generally be kept confidential. However, you are deemed to have given us consent to provide access to or disclose your personal data to the following classes of persons:-
- banks, financial institutions and insurance providers;
- credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies and corporations set up for the purposes of collecting and providing credit information;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers, or other financial or professional advisers;
- our assignees or potential assignees, acquirers or potential acquirers and successors-in-title;
- all other persons or bodies who provide us with services necessary and/or incidental to our business;
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent regulatory or government agency.
5. Your rights over your personal data
You may request for us to stop processing your personal data generally or for specified purposes or in a specified manner so that the processing does not cause substantial damage or unwarranted distress to you. We shall endeavour to accede to your request to the extent permissible without affecting our mutual rights and obligations in relation to our transaction.
6. How secure is your personal data
We treat all personal data provided to us as confidential and endeavour to ensure that the processing of your personal data is carried out in a secure environment to prevent loss, unlawful disclosure and misuse of your personal data.
7. How long do we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data for such period of time as may be necessary to carry out the purpose for which your personal data was collected and also for other purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, including to handle enquiries, audit, complaints or legal proceedings. We will also abide by legal, tax and other regulatory and industry requirements and/or guidelines in relation to the keeping and storing of personal data.
8. How to contact us in relation to your queries on your personal data
We endeavour to keep personal data complete, accurate and up-to-date. If you have any reason to believe that your personal data kept with us are inaccurate, incomplete or not updated, or if you have any queries, concerns or complaints relating to the handling of your personal data, please contact us at the following address:-
FUJITREK SDN BHD
- L2-10, Wisma BU8, 11, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Telephone : 03-77173030
- Facsimile :
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Att. : Managing Director
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised or modified from time to time. Notice of any such revision or modification will be given on our website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable.